42 Healing Ways to use Coconut Oil
Here are 42 of the many amazing benefits and uses of this miraculous super-food by Real Food Heals for Young and Raw:
1. Lower cholesterol through regular consumption of coconut oil.
2. Improve immune function and the body’s resistance to both viruses and bacteria with regular consumption of coconut oil.
3. Can be used in cooking since it has a high smoke point and will not burn like other cooking oils such as olive oil or butter. Great for sautéing, baking and stir-frys.
4. Can help with weight loss if taken daily, since it isn’t stored as fat and may boost your metabolism. (Results have been seen with 1-3 tablespoons a day.)
5. Add to smoothies for a whole host of nutritional benefits. Try this one!
6. Can be used as a healthy creamer substitute for coffee.
7. Can boost metabolism so you burn more calories naturally.
8. Can be used on the skin as a moisturizer.
9. Can be used on the hair as a deep conditioner.
10. Apply to your nails as a cuticle softener.
11. Apply to skin as a natural sunscreen. (Only an SPF 4 though!)
12. Soothe a sunburn or any other type of burn.
13. Hydrate dry, cracked feet by coating the feet in oil and sleeping overnight with socks on.
14. Can be used as a soothing eye make-up remover.
15. Soothes psoriasis and eczema skin conditions.
16. Take orally to kill intestinal parasites and yeast overgrowth.
17. To replace butter in baking recipes.
18. Can be used for minor scrapes and skin rashes as a natural antibacterial ointment.
19. Can soothe bug bites and reduce the itch.
20. Supports healthy thyroid function.
21. Can be used as a scalp treatment for dandruff.
22. Can stimulate hair growth.
23. Can smooth frizzy hair.
24. Mix with epsom salts for a detoxifying body scrub.
25. Mix with baking soda for a whitening toothpaste.
26. Can improve digestion if taken before meals.
27. Can be used as a natural baby lotion and diaper rash cream.
28. Fight signs of aging as a natural facial moisturizer.
29. Heals cold sores naturally when applied topically.
30. When taken daily, can help with allergies.
31. When taken daily, can improve sleep and mood.
32. Can improve insulin levels for diabetics.
33. Can remove bacteria and plaque from the mouth with oil pulling.
34. Use as a tropical massage oil.
35. May help you to shed “difficult to lose” abdominal fat by taking daily doses of 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil.
36. Can be therapeutic for brain disorders such as epilepsy and Alzheimer’s disease.
37. Reduce appetite with regular consumption.
38. Reduce hot flashes through coconut oil’s ability to regulate hormones.
39. Absorb fat-soluble vitamins better (like vitamins A, D, E & K).
40. Can be used for shaving. It doesn’t wash off and it will moisturize your skin as you shave!
41. Can be made into a homemade deodorant.
42. Rub on a pregnant belly to prevent stretch marks.
See the full post on YoungandRaw.com here: http://bit.ly/17q15Zc
as seen on and copied from facebook ☺